The North Country Arts Council invites visual artists, writers, dancers, performance artists, and musicians to participate in “MUSE 2018,” a multi-arts presentation celebrating Arts on the Square’s 7th anniversary. Artists can select one or several of the Muses and create your own original presentation that will be exhibited and/or performed on opening night. The theme for MUSE 2018 is “Reflections of Watertown: Assets, Inspiration, and Potential.”
You can choose from the following:
- A painting by William Christopherson,
- A dance routine by Rhonda’s Footeworks Dance Studio dance troupe,
- A sculpture “Astrolabe” by Will Salisbury,
- A song written and performed by Annette Miller,
- A photograph by Tracy Spencer, or;
- A poem by Craig Thornton.
Artists bios and information about the works will be provided.
To choose your Muse, send your request for information by email to our Feature Exhibit Coordinator. We will provide the link to all information and materials for the participants to view and use in choosing a Muse. The rehearsal schedule for MUSE 2018 will be posted a few weeks prior to the live performances.
- March 30: Deadline for all entries
- April 3-5: Art drop off dates at Arts on the Square, 52 – 54 Public Square, Watertown, NY
Opening night for MUSE 2018 is Saturday, April 14. Doors open at 5 pm for exhibit preview, followed by live performances from 6 pm to 9 pm. The event is free and open to the public, with a $5 suggested donation. Light refreshments will be served. The Downtown Local Lounge will also be offering wine, beer and cider for sale and the Tarot Cafe will have their coffee, tea and potions available.