March 26 – April 24, 2021
Virtual opening March 26, 2021 – 6pm
View the Virtual Gallery or visit the in-person gallery starting Monday, March 29 from 11am-3pm.
In Person location: Marcy Building, 251 State Street, Watertown, NY
Tentative hours are Monday-Wednesday 11am-3pm and Saturdays 11am-5pm.
Studies show that artists from marginalized populations are historically underrepresented in the arts. The global pandemic heightened visibility of instances of racism, sexism, homophobia and injustice towards BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color), as well persons who are of different sexual orientations, disabled, or affected by poverty.
Art is not only a reflection of society, but a light into previously hidden parts of our society; bringing what has been isolated into the mainstream, and giving a voice to previously has been silenced. The NCAC’s Outside the Margins exhibit brings light to those who have been left “outside” the mainstream of the art world and allows them to display art that is told using their voices.
For questions regarding exhibits, please contact
Dana Gillan, Gallery Coordinator
Juror Info: Brian Lister
All artists in marginalized populations are invited to submit work. All work must be original.
This exhibit is planned for physical display at the Dulles State Office Building in Watertown as well as online with all of the available works. Work in all media besides video, film and sound may be submitted through this call. Note: Any video, audio and film that might be applicable to this exhibit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for possible opportunities.
All work must be original. Work will be reviewed by a juror for acceptance.
Artist Level (NCAC Artist/Family/Friend Members): $5 per entry
Individual Level (NCAC Individual Members/Non-Members): $10 per entry
Maximum of five entries per artist ~ Fees are non-refundable
- Artists must set up a Google profile to access the application
- Access the online application and follow the entry instructions OR use the alternate application method below
- Submitting an application indicates the artist agrees to the terms in the application
- Payment of Entry Fees must be paid at time of submission before they are judged for admission
- Each work must be labeled with the tags included in the attached application when dropped off
- Artist’s Name/Address/Phone/Email
- Price (or NFS)
Application and Payments
ONLINE: You can apply and pay your entry fee online (you must have a Google profile)
Click here to download the application form.
- Wednesday, February 24 (Entry deadline): All entries must be received either electronically or via postal mail. Any work submitted after this date will not be accepted.
- Tuesday, March 2 (Notification of Acceptance): Notification of acceptance will be sent via email.
- Friday, March 5, 10 am-5 pm (Art Drop Off): Dulles State Office Building, 317 Washington Street, Watertown, NY.
- Friday, March 26, 6 pm–8 pm: Virtual Opening
- Saturday, May 1, 10am-3pm (Art Pick Up): All work must be picked up. The NCAC is not responsible for any work not picked up. Please send a representative if you are unable to make the pickup yourself.
- The NCAC will collect a 30% commission on all work sold as part of all feature exhibits
- Art award winners will continue to be displayed, and listed for purchase on the NCAC virtual art gallery until June 1, 2021.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (315) 661-6361.